I would like to take this opportunity to solemnly swear that when I do get my own dog it will be big and furry and will not wear any jewelry, will not match my outfit and will not be visiting any spas with the exception of the occasional grooming van visit. Doesn't mean I dont love my dogs, just means I wont pamper them more than I pamper myself! You may feel free to disagree, as I know I have several family members who are much nicer to their pets than I am : ) To that I say what my parents always told me when they were meaner/stricter/more neglectful (hehe) than everyone else's parents "It's because we love you more."
With so many dogs come dog walkers and so almost everyday I observe gaggles of dogs being walked by some poor struggling actress with this side job who is desperately trying to look calm, cool, and collected and obviously did her hair and makeup before she ventured out on her day of dog walking. Hey at least here it IS true you never know who you'll run into I guess...
My favorite that I've seen was a little wiener dog jogging far in front of the pack and leashless. I was trying to understand why the big dogs behind him weren't keeping up... until I saw the elaborate mini wheelchair his hind legs were sitting on. (Don't worry dog lovers, he did not look the least bit concerned or in pain, rather I think he was a little smug with his speed.)
Also just for reference, the standard reward for a lost dog around here is $1000. I'm pretty sure back home it's more like $50 or $100 but perhaps the reward here also includes the jewels or designer clothing the lost dog may be wearing?! : )
1 comment:
Megan,
Send this one to the Times. You might get a few bucks for it as an Op Ed type piece. It's very well written. Or maybe, you should submit it somewhere with more funds.
I like it.
Maxine Willis
Post a Comment