Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Well I sat down today with a map of the United States and mapped out a general route. Of course if I stop everywhere I want to, the trip will take twice as long so there may be a lot of jumping out of the car, snapping a picture and jumping back in. I really want to see a few of the national forests and the Grand Canyon, of course my brother Bill helpfully pointed out that the average snowfall for that area is 12 inches in January and the high there for tomorrow is 3 degrees... not exactly how I had envisioned it so we'll see. When I showed my niece and nephew (Alise and Garrett) where I'd be moving on the map they were not very supportive. Immediate concerns were voiced; Garrett would like to know if they speak another language there and why I can't just stay here at home forever!

Lots to do in the 5 (yikes!) days left. The earliest I'd be back on the East coast would most likely be end of May for Missy's wedding (my cousin) so that's 5 months... that's a long time, I'm getting shivers just thinking about it. I'm glad I've gotten to see most of my family and friends over the holidays, there are still a few visits I hope to squeeze in before I leave. Then there are those little details... like packing!

No comments: