Sunday, January 6, 2008

Whoa! Where did all my time go?!

I've fallen behind on my posts already. I've been trying to maximize my time between planning, family and friends, and errands, and still have managed not to start the actual packing! So the rest of today will be purely packing. Our route is planned, with some flexibility. We'll be in Dallas after Starkville, Mississippi, then on to Albuquerque, New Mexico. LOTS of driving but the hope is to be able to relax a little more towards the end of the trip than the beginning.

Betty has been serviced, luckily (it's back to Betty today)! They found a nail in the back tire so we would not have gotten far! I have had so many wonderful well-wishers it is so nice to know that people will be holding us in their thoughts and prayers! I've also had lots of people help out with contacts which will be absolutely helpful once I am in Los Angeles.

As for the weather... 60 here tomorrow... and cold temperatures in California... just our luck! We'll actually be driving from warm weather to cold at first instead of vice versa. Can't say God doesn't have a sense of humor! Ok it's back to packing for me, possibly one more post before we depart. Goal time is 5 AM... I'll just be happy if we are on the road by 6AM!

No comments: