I received phone calls today from two of my old roommates. Both of them were laughing as they asked me to please explain my 'plan.' For some reason they find it amusing that I'm driving Elmo Betty Shaffer cross-country, in the dead of winter, and setting up in L.A. during a strike where it is almost absolutely certain I will not immediately find film work. I'm sure you all are thinking 'wait... they have a point', but I would appreciate if you'd suppress those thoughts right now.
My friend Dana has agreed to come with me, which is AWESOME!!! (By the way Virgin Air has AWESOME prices, even when you wait till the last minute!) We purchased her ticket today so I hope we are in L.A. by 10:30 PM on the 13th or else she'll be missing her flight!
Our first day has been planned. We are going to visit Abby at Mississippi State in little old Starkville, Mississippi. We are planning on leaving by 6 AM so we can get there by 9 or 10 at night. Yeah we know we're being optimistic! From there we are still juggling the possibilities.
A friend suggested Elmo and the kids I babysit immediately picked it up. When there aren't kids in my car I'd like to think it has a little more attitude so Betty is for Betty Boop. Of course Jackson also used to point out that it 'tickles' him when we are stopped (yeah ok so the car shakes a little) so maybe it's really a tickle-me-Elmo at heart!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When you are checking air fares, don't forget to go to Jet Blue and Southwest separately as they are not listed at places like Orbitz or travelocity.
Post a Comment