Friday, January 25, 2008

Siren Serenade and Lawn Mower Alarms

Maybe if I post more often they wont be as long?! And yes I know, I need new pictures or something to break it up. We'll get there. Anyway, It's still raining. It's fun everyone is commenting on it. You get the feeling people almost think school should be canceled on rainy days here. Today the nanny came in and said "Oh, we have art class today... I don't know..." The only ones who really should be worried are Malibu residents, and really, what else do you need to convince you to move? Locusts?

Though we live in a fairly safe area (nowhere here is actually totally safe - except maybe the gated communities - so fairly safe is a good rating) I realized last night there is not ONE night I have been here in two weeks that I haven't heard sirens. Hour long sirens, every night when you are climbing into bed. Maybe we have early criminals or something though because they stop by 11 or 12 and you don't hear them again the rest of the night. Of course then you get the full Lawn Mower/Weed whacker wake-up calls outside your window. It's either ours or the neighbors a few times a week. Takes a lot of work to keep up these 6x6 patches of lawn and rare cacti! : ) Ah well, can't say I don't enjoy the lush atmosphere, even if it is about as natural as Joan River's face.

1 comment:

carole said...

Well, now you know how I feel in the spring and all summer in my developement when lawn mowers are going day and evening and immdediately after the rain stops!! I have called the development "lawn mower city" for a long time! Love, Aunt Carole