Heeey,
So crazy crazy stuff is going on here. Well DUH you say, you did move to L.A. after all, Megan. Yeah but it's RAINING. Not even for a day. FOR THE WHOLE WEEK! This is Pittsburgh weather. Luckily here it's rain, all around us it's snow. Oh and our highs are still in the 60s : ) Also, I may not have to wash Betty now. Although I will say I'm not sure how clean the rain is here as each time it stops there are little dried brown drops on my windows... nothing like some dirty rain to remind you of the filthy air you live in! : ) Ride bikes people. Ride bikes.
Also amusing, while watching TV this evening (first time in weeks cause of the writers strike but there was a new Ugly Betty)... anyway this scrolls across the bottom, "FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR LOS ANGELES COUNTY." Well duh, dry area, lots of rain, and in Pennsylvania they pop up so much I'm not sure they aren't part of the show, anyway I can handle it. Then five minutes later I see this: "TORNADO WARNING FOR LOS ANGELES COUNTY." Oh well, guess we already knew this probably isn't God's favorite place. But wait, what follows is the icing on the cake. "IF NO SHELTER AVAILABLE LAY FLAT IN A DITCH." Huh, would that be a different ditch than the ones draining all the water? I wont even lie to make myself look cool, it cracked me up for a good five minutes. And I'm laughing again right now.
Ryann and I's work on our thriller is moving along. Today I read The Shining and Pyscho for some research (track plot points, big reveals, etc.) Wont be able to sleep for a week, who knew the original treatment of The Shining was so different from the movie... but just as scary. It's just like adding on a whole different horror movie for me to have nightmares with. We both know we'll have to actually WATCH some scary movies too. We've agreed to do this as long as: it's in the middle of the day, with the windows open, and the pause button is ready.
In order to pretend I'm really a screenwriter/aspiring producer I've been tracking down some local resources. Today I went to the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences library to get out some scripts. (Ok I admit it, libraries are also just a happy place for me). It's a beautiful building on the edge of Beverly HIlls and is kept up by the movie FBI, well maybe not but the security and cold stares of the workers does make you wonder. Anyway, it's a good place to get work done and I'll probably be camping there a lot, even if I do feel like if I break a rule I'll be escorted out and placed on the Movie Terrorist list.
Um other news? The talks for the strike have resumed and are continuing which is GREAT. It's a news blackout though so nobody knows (supposedly) how it's going.
I'm starting for a family next week in Burbank to watch their 4-month-old, they seem great so far. It clinched it for me when they both said "Yeah the first year is hard here... it's just hard to meet normal people."
Very upset about Heath Ledger. Also pretty unfair the way the media immediately jumped to conclusions about it and now are choking it all back. Hope they give his family and especially daughter some space. He may not have been a fan of his movie roles early on but I certainly enjoyed them!
Of course there is some OTHER media I don't mind. And that's all the awesome reviews GLORY DAYS has been getting!!!! Congrats James and Nick (and Matthew) for all your hard work. I'm going to work hard soon too, really I am. Here's a link to the Washington Post review, you really should check out the show
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/24/AR2008012403364.html
Ok well I have lots of other stuff I think of to post and by the time I gets around to it I forget so that's it for now!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If you really read all that, it's amazing, I swear that post didn't look that long when I was writing it!
a few things...
#1. when i announced at my graduation party i was moving here my dad subsequently commented "my daughter is moving from bad to worse" reminding me that Pittsburgh does indeed have the dirtiest air in the country second only to....you guessed it, LA!
#2. ive been doing night exteriors for the past 4 days. if i had known we were on tornado watch i would not have been shocked when i got shocked running cable through 4 inch puddles in the parking lot on set.
#3. I am going to start blogging after this total cluster f*ck of a shoot. i never did get around to it during photography much like i never got around to talking to you. 15 hour days ending at 3am do that.
#4. where do you live? im in monterey park
Post a Comment